Patience paid off
Lake Erie small parkette on Long Beach
Up at 6am; already packed; at Long Beach before 8. Supposed to have blown all night; going to be epic dawn patrol. Well, didn't happen quite as planned, ended up at the parkette, because wind was W, rigging 6.5. Took that out for a few hours with the kiters; got in the straps, had some fun until wind shut down before noon. Wind also shifted back to SW - probably should have gone back to the big park at that point. Waited around until 3 and the wind came back up; back out with 6.5, trucked upwind past Rd 26 all the way to conservation area and blasted around there for awhile - way windier up there, and lots of windsurfers.
west wind shifted to SW, made the parkette not the best place to launch from. Toughed it out anyway