inputting new sailing spots

Meridian
WSC Contributor

inputting new sailing spots

Postby Meridian » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello,

First off want to say I really appreciate this website. It is my main goto site for forecasts and anything windsurfing related.

Now some feedback. For the sailing spots section. I was able to put in a review for Ossassone beach. . but I want to add a location and review for another beach nearby. Currently I don't see any options to add a location. . only to review existing locations.

Also it would be nice if there was a way to make the locations maps. . bigger. .like full screen. And the way of selecting the locations is not intuitive.. you click on the province. . but can only see individual places in the province if you click on on particular hotlink. . all the other buttons and links don't do anything.

Also when I tried the wind forecasts. . I get a message that it is offline. I don't know how long it's been offline.

Thank you
PS: I hope to add in more reviews, photos and locations when the Sailing Spots is working a bit better,

Daniel

Thomas CAN 901
WSC Local

Re: inputting new sailing spots

Postby Thomas CAN 901 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Daniel,

To input a new sailing spot (when already in a province view), you can double-click on the location on the map for that spot... That pops up the option to add a new spot.

Totally agree on the ability to expand the map view to take up more real-estate, to make it easier to find the spots.

For the wind forecasts, Dave made a new site that has just been up for the last couple of days I think, with an improved version of the forecasts integrated with sailing spots on the map, so no need to guess what town/city is closest to the spot... http://www.windsyndicate.com/weather