CLASSIFIEDS Section & Photos

KC5555
WSC Local

CLASSIFIEDS Section & Photos

Postby KC5555 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:35 pm

I have been thinking I would like to create a seperate classifieds section and use the image upload feature similiar to what is in the gallery. This would make it easy to attach pictures of your gear to you ad.

Anyone who has listed stuff on the internet, the first question is always, can you send me pictures.

Originally I was hoping people would post pictures in the gallery and use the links in their ads in the forum. this I think is too clumsy and at any rate it is not happening.

This would mean I would take the classifieds section out of the forum. Doing this would also mean that there would be no ability to reply to a classifieds ad in the forum or 'bump' it up to the top.

Any opinions?

Thomas CAN 901
WSC Local

Postby Thomas CAN 901 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:24 pm

I think it would be better to be able to upload pictures easily like in the Launches section. Also then there could be a Questions and Answers section a bit like the \"launch reviews\", so that potential buyers can ask the seller questions and get a reply on the ad, and they'll be able to see questions asked by other potential buyers. For the listing and \"bumping\" up the ads, maybe it could be set up with a list of ads in chronoligical order, with a section at the top of the page listing the ads that were newly put up or have a new question/comment/answer ex. change in prices.

I'm not sure how hard would it be to have it set up that way, to track updates since someone's last visit (like the forum marks the topics that were new/updated when you're logged in)

And another idea for the Q/A section is that when someone asks a question about hte ad, it's automatically forwardd to the seller's email, who can just reply to it like a normal email, and have the reply posted back on the ad.

Not sure are these suggestions possible to be reality, but I think it would be cool if it were set up that way.

Tom