WX & LAUNCHES sections

KC5555
WSC Local

WX & LAUNCHES sections

Postby KC5555 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:54 pm

Well its a slow start for the launches section. I have been playing around with the Google Maps and will try and incorporate them into the LAUNCHES section. There is some fancy stuff you can do with them, and it looks like www.thewindmap.com beat me to it in some ways.

I hope this section continues to grow. I know there are many more spots that could be posted. Please, you do not have to be an authority on the site, just get it listed and we can add to the description as we go.

Making use of the same sources I use for the WX I will also try and get wind readings for every location so that when you view the LAUNCHES map you can get quick look at what each spot is doing wind wise....

Any suggestions for the WX section? As far as content goes, thats pretty much it, aside from a 7 DAY forecast (which could add). Is there room for improvement in the layout or the way certain things are displayed?

Sorry I cannot do anything about the actual wind speeds being reported.... :o

Evan
WSC Contributor

Launches

Postby Evan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:40 pm

You have done a pretty good job so far. If you do get a lot of people posting spots, would it be a good idea to be able to zoom in on individual provinces? Not even a concern yet because so far you could call this the Ontario Windsurfing Forum.
I will have to send you a list of spelling and factual errors in the sites I have posted so far. Like leaving out the (-) from lat. for one location. And I may have rated a couple of locations as not beginner friendly when for most of the summer they are great for learning, unless the wind pics up, not sure how that should be rated.
Evan

KC5555
WSC Local

Postby KC5555 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:37 am

Evan,

Yes, its a little crowded in Ontario, maybe there is no sailing outside of the GTA? I dont know, time will tell.

If you are the one that posted the LAUNCH site, you should be able to edit it as well. Just log in and that option should appear at the bottom.

db

JayTurcot
WSC Local

Postby JayTurcot » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:28 pm

Just added a few new sites, but I can't edit or add in any information (\"No record found\")
Jay Turcot
"It's a crazy addiction we have isn't it?"

JayTurcot
WSC Local

Re: WX & LAUNCHES sections

Postby JayTurcot » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Any chance the Launches section (already making use of google maps) could incorporate some of the features of my-maps?

i.e. draw in a polygon around the parking, hazards, launches, rigging areas etc.

Something like:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 08143&z=17
Jay Turcot
"It's a crazy addiction we have isn't it?"