classifieds bug

Thomas CAN 901
WSC Local

classifieds bug

Postby Thomas CAN 901 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:06 pm

hey Dave, I was just adding an ad for my dad's drysuit when I noticed a small bug in the classifieds section. When viewing the classifieds from the menu that drop down, every time I choose a category the category below it shows up on screen (for example, when the menu drops down, I click on Misc Items, then \"unrelated\" ads come up on screen) It works when already in classifieds and there is the menu on the left side, only the \"drop down\" menu is misleading.
But I do like the new clasifieds section, much easier to add ads and to look through them aswell!

KC5555
WSC Local

Postby KC5555 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:40 am

Tom, thanks and fixed!

Also, the ad currently hides your email address, the logic being email harvesting spam bots troll sites looking for emails, if its not there they cannot harvest.

If you guys think having an email link is important I do have a javascript that creates a link that does hide emails (sort of) but its effectiveness is questionable.

Which leaves contacting Sellers by using the form, and the form emails the seller directly. Is this ok?

Or I suppose those that dont care about their email address being posted to the web can include it in the body of the ad.

what you guys think?

riNR
WSC Local

Postby riNR » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:10 pm

I love spam! Why would you want to deter that?
Which reminds me, I need to go and take some viagara, refinance my house, and meet hot local house wives.....NOT! Leave it like you got it.